Wednesday, November 21, 2012

:: Food - thanksgiving rolls

For Sunday dinner, we went to my sister's place and I told her I'd bring rolls.
Well, I wanted to try out a new roll recipe . . . just using food storage.
I found this recipe here from Everyday Food Storage and it was so delicious!
So if your assignment this Thanksgiving is to bring rolls, try this recipe.
You won't regret it!

Photobucket


Naomi’s Rolls
1/2 C. Sugar
1 Extra-Large Egg (2 T. Dry Egg Powder + 1/4 C. Water)
1 T. Shortening
1 C. Milk (3 T. Dry Powdered Milk + 1 C. Water)
1 t. Salt
4 1/2-5 C. Flour (enough to make a sticky dough) I usually do 1/4 to 1/2 Whole wheat flour
1 pkg yeast (2 1/2 t. yeast), softened in 1/2 C. lukewarm water
Beat sugar and egg. Scald milk; cool. Then add to sugar and egg. Stir in shortening, yeast, salt, flour. Let rise about 2-21/2 hours. Shape, cut, rise again about 1/2-1 hour. bak. (400, about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 16 good sized rolls. You may want to double the recipe, as these rolls disappear fast!  Oh, and if you use Dry Powdered Milk, then you don't have to scald the milk!)
And she also has a tutorial on how to make perfectly round rolls.
It's easy and so fast to do!

Also, my sis-in-law is having a week of giveaways on her health blog!
Check it out at Simply Healthful.
I really want to win this necklace here.
Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment