Wednesday, December 7, 2011

:: Christmas - christmas book tradition


I tried this tradition a few years back, but Ava was too young to care.
So, I didn't continue it.
 (plus I don't think I had enough Christmas books)

But it's really easy.
Just wrap up 24 Christmas books.
{if you don't have enough, go to the library or . . . re-wrap}
Place numbers on them (or not ).
Put under the tree.
Each night they get to open one up and you get to read it to them.
(although on Christmas Eve she gets to open up two - -
'Twas The Night Before Christmas and The Nativity)

Ava LOVES it.
She loves opening presents {and then shredding the paper to pieces}
and she also loves books.
So, it's a win-win.

We love reading them near the Christmas tree
with the twinkle lights lighting the pages.
We love Christmas!



Reese also likes this tradition and is beginning to love the opening of gifts.
{just hope she doesn't shred them like her older sis}


What are some of your Christmas traditions?


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tradition!! Can't wait to do this when I have kids some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are going to do this the 12-24 this year. :)

    ReplyDelete