Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Home Decor Obsession: nursery curtains

So, remember the curtains in Ava's nursery? I found them on clearance a few years ago at Walmart and grabbed all that they had. I knew they'd be perfect in a baby nursery.


Fast forward two years and we're in our new house. While getting everything ready to hang, we realized that the curtains were too short for the windows. Ugghhhh. I was very disappointed but knew that I needed to still use them. There was no way I was going to go out and spend more money when I had beautiful curtains right in front of me.
So this is our little secret. Shhhh. Don't tell.

Who said they had to go all the way to the top of the window anyway? Plus, we don't open her blinds too often, so I don't think the neighbors will be complaining about this "eye sore"(and I think we might have the nicest neighbors anyway).



6 comments:

  1. Your nursery is Gorgouse, I just showed my husband the photos saying.. THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!! He loves the flooring and i adore the new curtains. I cant wait to start a family! Do you know what color of paint you used for the walls? color/brand? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one would ever know. That is very creative and a great end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your mind works! I probably would have tried sewing an panel on top, then hid it similar to the way you did it. But your's is so much more simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so amazingly crafty! I think we are the lucky ones to have such talented and friendly neighbors.

    ReplyDelete