Friday, December 11, 2009

Baking Obsession: Soft, Yummy Gingerbread Cookies

I'm not the biggest fan of gingerbread cookies.
 Okay, maybe it's because they're hard and I don't like hard cookies . . .
 soft, chewy cookies are what I like.
And if you're like me, you will absolutely, love these cookies!
 These gingerbread cookies are different though! They're actually soft and chewy!!!
It's a recipe my sis-in-law was given a few years ago as a gift (you know . . . all the dry ingredients in a jar . . . layered). She made them, gave us a taste, and I was in love!

Classic Gingerbread Cookies


3 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1 tsp. Ground Cloves
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice

Mix dry ingredients

1/2 cup softened Butter
3/4 cup Molasses
1 slightly beaten Egg

Mix wet ingredients with dry. Dough will be stiff so use your hands to completely mix. Cover dough and chill for 1 hour. After you chill dough roll it on a surface that is lightly dusted with flour. Roll to 1/4 in. thick. Use favorite cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Bake on cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then let cookies rest on pan for 2 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.


And I'm thinking that's what I'm gonna do for the neighbor gifts this year (and we still have quite a few neighbors we need to meet. We've been bad.) Oh and you can put a glaze on, but I was too lazy last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment