Monday, January 7, 2013

:: And it's a boy!

I don't think I've announced it on this blog,
but we're having a boy!
And we are so excited.
This house needs a little blue in it.

Do you have a special way of telling your other children what the baby will be?
Well, when we had just found out that Reese was a girl,
we went to the store and bought a pink balloon.
We picked her up from our friend's house and told her the news.
I think she was more excited about the pink balloon than anything.

So, we decided to do the same thing this time.
I told Ava that if I picked her up from preschool and she saw 
a pink balloon, we'd be having a girl. 
If I had a blue balloon, we'd be having a boy.
Well, this whole time she's been telling me we'd be having a boy.
{when I thought that it was for sure another girl}
And after telling her this, she said she hoped we were having a girl.
Surprised, I asked why and she said it was because she wanted a pink balloon.
Of course.  That's my Ava.
But when I picked her up and she saw the blue balloon,
she was so excited!
Reese, on the other hand, didn't quite understand what this balloon thing meant.
She was just excited to be getting one.

But we are so grateful to be adding another little one to our family
and we are so excited that he'll be adding some blue to our home!













5 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea! We are expecting our first boy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A new baby boy is something wonderful to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love their excitement over the balloons!

    ReplyDelete