Friday, March 30, 2012

:: Party Details - frosting recipe

So remember the post about this yummy cake?
Well, it's been pinned more than 3000 times!

So . . . what does that tell you?
A lot of people have been deprived of some deliciousness.
And I've been really addicted to making it.
{not to mention, my skinny jeans are slowly getting too skinny}

These are the cakes I've made using this recipe . . .
{oh, and can you tell I love the rainbow and ombre cakes?}

for Reese's birthday party:

for Ava's birthday party:

for my sister's birthday:

for St. Patrick's Day:

So far, no plans to make anymore soon.
The hubby's birthday is coming up and he just wants a chocolate cake 
with store bought chocolate frosting. 
 Hmmm.  Boring. {just kidding all you chocolate lovers}

Anyway, a few people have asked me what frosting I've used.
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe and it's good.
But I would like to try different ones to find "the best frosting recipe".


For now, I've been using this recipe:
1 c. shortening
4 c. powdered sugar (1 lb.)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tablespoons of milk

Cream shortening, vanilla, and milk.
Then add the powdered sugar in the above mixture until mixed thoroughly.
{add 1 T. meringue powder if wanting the frosting to be stiff}

*I usually double this recipe

Do you have a certain frosting recipe that you think is the best?
I'd love to try it out!


1 comment:

  1. Shoot! I missed my chance for Pinterest fame and glory :)

    ReplyDelete