Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sewing Obsession: Bubble Skirt

I was in the mood to make a cute skirt for my little girl and remembered this tutorial here on Ruffles and Stuff by Disney. It's a bubble skirt made out of fabric and tights. She made it seem really easy . . . and it is!

I actually made this bubble skirt out of an old pair of leggings that my daughter had. There were too many grody stains, so I knew this would be perfect. And they actually are 12-18 months. Oops. My daughter just turned two! No wonder why they were looking a little short on her.


I found this fabric at one of my favorite online fabric stores . . . Fashionable Fabrics. Check out their sale fabric. You won't be dissappointed.








And my adorable, cutie pie modeling the skirt. (Long day = wrinkled clothing.) I made it a little big on purpose. With a skirt that cute, she's gotta where it for a long time!






5 comments:

  1. Adorable skirt!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this skirt. And I love lucy's new dress. rest assured, I KNOW how to put it on correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love your blog!!! I have recently started sewing for my own little 3 year old. I am interested in how you make the fabric roses... do you have blog that explains that or could you explain it for me?

    ReplyDelete