Friday, February 26, 2010

Cooking Obsession: Orange Chicken

Besides spray painting and sewing, I do like to dabble in the kitchen a bit. I will admit though, that my hubby is probably a better cook than I. Lucky for me!

We decided to try a new recipe which ended up being fantastic. If you like orange chicken, you will love this recipe! Two great things about it. 1. this orange chicken isn't fried (so you can spend those fried food calories that aren't there . . . on cookies instead) and 2. not a lot of prep time for these babies.
We found it in the Kraft Foods Magazine Fall 2007 (can be found at www.kraftfoods.com)
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

8 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 lb)
3 Tbsp flour
1/3 c. orange marmalade
1/3 c. barbecue sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp grated fresh gingerroot

Toss chicken with flour in slow cooker.

Stir in all remaining ingredients; cover with lid.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours). Although if you cut the chicken in smaller pieces at the beginning, I recommend that you leave it just on high for 1-2 hours.


Serve with rice. Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amy!! We are having this tonight! It is in the crock pot right now and it smells AMAZING!! Do you mind if I put it on my blog too!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah and I made this yesterday for Sunday dinner. All 13 of us LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete