Sunday, January 24, 2010

Card Obsession: Valentine's Day Cards

Growing up I remember how I loved to make Valentine's Day cards for my siblings. I remember one particular day, where my mother brought out loads of cardstock, doily hearts, stickers, markers, and glue. We had a blast. We made one valentine after another. Then we'd sneak out the back door and doorbell ditch our own home, leaving our homemade, glue-stained, un-fancy Valentine's Day Cards for eachother. It's a memory that I'll always have etched in my mind.
So this year, for Valentine's Day, instead of dishing out the dinero for unpersonalized Valentines Day cards . . . make them yourselves! Not only will you save money, but it will mean a lot more to the person you're giving it to.
Here are a few ideas that I found on Martha's lovely site. Click on the link above the picture and the instructions on how to make them will be shown. Just lovely!













Playing Card Valentines
I'm tempted to make that pop-up Valentine for my hubby. Can't wait to show you what my little girl and I are making for her grandparents. They're bound to be adorable! I hope.

2 comments:

  1. we're having a valentines making party this week! Great ideas- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's such a hyped up holiday and once it's here, I'm like... "ok, that was fun." I'm trying to be better and I am going to attempt to make my hubs one of these cards. Thanks for all the fun ideas... you're very creative!

    ReplyDelete